"Preparation for unlikely events"
There are over 300 million guns in circulation today in the United States. Many people live in households that have firearms in them, both for sporting and self-defense. Crime of opportunity can always be mitigated though situational awareness, this is true with shooting as well as the martial arts; always be aware of your surroundings. I train in Firearms, knives and sticks as these are the common weapons that we will encounter in today’s society. Philosophy in my teachings
- Reasonable circumstances
Why learn the proper handling of a Firearm?
- Self Defense. The Firearm is the modern day long range weapon like the bow from the times of the Samurai
- Like Martial arts, learning to use a firearm helps people learn self-discipline, self-confidence and how to be responsible
- For those living in a household with firearms it behooves family members in the home to know how to properly use this instrument that is in the home
- Empowerment through training
- Preparation for any unlikely events – Be ready, be prepared
- Recreation. Firearms are a wonderful form of recreation that can be fun for the whole family. Sport shooting is no different than any other recreational sport
Cardinal rules of gun safety Rule number…
- Keep your finger straight and off the trigger until your sights are on the target and you are ready to discharge the firearm
- Always treat all firearms as if they are loaded at all times
- Always be cognizant of your target and what is beyond your target
- Never point your firearm at anything that you do not intend to shoot
- Always wear appropriate eye and ear protection
- Never use alcohol or drugs when handling a firearm
- Available for private and group lessons. Lessons will be conducted at one of the local ranges. Students will be responsible for range fees and ammunition costs.
- If the student is under twenty one years of age they must be accompanied by parent or legal guardian.
- I begin training with students with no experience (Beginner B-Shooter) with a Walther P22 (22 Caliber). As the student increases in skill and comfort to becoming a Novice shooter (N-Shooter)we move to a GLOCK 17 or GLOCK 26 9mm depending on the student’s hand size and comfort level with each weapon. We will do a “test” course of fire with each to see which one the student-shooter is better suited with. As the student progresses to an Advanced-Beginner (AB-Shooter) level we move to the Heckler & Koch 40 Caliber (.40 S&W).
RIFLE & SHOTGUN:
- If the student is under eighteen years of age then they must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Shotgun: Remington 870
- Rifle: 30-06, AR-15
Please see the blow links for further information on local ranges that can be used. Sharpshooters Indoor Range and Pro Shop 8194M Terminal Road Lorton VA 22079 (703) 550-8005 Blue Ridge Arsenal Inc. 14725 K Flint Lee Rd. Chantilly VA 20151 (703) 818-0230 Fairfax Rod and Gun Club 7039 Signal Hill Road Manassas VA 20111 (703) 368-6333 http://www.fxrgc.org/ NRA 11250 Waples Mill Rd, FAIRFAX VA 22030 (703) 267-1402